Hassle-Free window and door installation process
You’ve had a Design Consultant out to your home, you designed your perfect windows together, and you said yes to this exciting project… Now what? Now you get to relax, because we’ve got it from here!
It’s time for Steps 2 and 3 of The Better Way to a Better Window™, our hassle-free 4-step process.
Step 2: Measure & Manufacture
Your Design Consultant took measurements of your existing windows to build your price quote, and the old adage in the industry is “measure twice, cut once.” The next task we perform is to schedule a “tech measure.” A Project Technician will visit your home to double-check and expertly measure every window and door in your project, ensuring we have the most accurate and detailed measurements possible – because this will be a once-in-a-lifetime project. The Operations Team will then place the order for your fully customized windows.
All of our windows are crafted at our manufacturing facility in Minnesota. Our proprietary Fibrex® composite material is made from 40% recycled wood and thermoplastic polymer, giving you the best of both worlds with a maintenance-free and beautiful looking window for your home. Fibrex® is 2-times stronger than vinyl, insulates better than wood, and is proven to stand the test of time* – Fibrex® will never flake, rust, blister, peel, crack, corrode, pit, warp, or rot (*see our warranty details here)! Shortly after you place your order, your custom windows and doors arrive here at our Saco headquarters ready for Step 3.
Step 3: Installation
Now comes the really fun part: getting those gorgeous new windows and doors into your home! We know that the best window in the world is only as good as the installation behind it. Installing replacement windows isn’t simply a matter of putting a standard-size window into a hole in the wall, it’s a matter of expertly fitting your custom window into your home. Our installers’ ability to do just that, with care, respect, and professionalism, is what sets us apart from our competitors.
Our Certified Master Installers will arrive on time and treat your home as if it was their own. They will ensure that your floors, furniture, and other valuables stay safe and clean, and seal off the work areas to protect the rest of your home from the elements – even in our harsh Maine winters! Your Installation Crew comes equipped with a “rolling workshop” with everything they need to expertly install your windows and doors, including repairing any issues like rot and structural damage.
Installation day will start with the Crew Lead taking some time to get to know you, explain the day’s activities, and answer your questions. After that we will:
• Prepare the area: we place drop cloths to catch debris and dust, then carefully remove the old window, and inspect for and repair any damaged window frame components as needed.
• Clean and prep the opening: once the window area is cleaned thoroughly, our installers put in the new window.
• Insulate and seal the frame: installers tightly seal the area around the frame and replace the trim around the new window.
• Verify our work: with the new window installed, we perform a final inspection to make sure everything is in excellent working order.
• Clean up: our goal is to leave your home cleaner than when we arrived! We will even remove and dispose of your old windows.
• Demonstrate the finished product: we’ll walk you through everything you need to know, and offer any operation information plus leave you with a care and maintenance packet.
Now that your beautiful new windows and doors have been installed, the only thing you have to do is sit back and enjoy the view! And you can rest easy, because we back our windows and the installation with our robust limited warranty. It’s all part of our Signature Service; here for you from start to finish, today, tomorrow, and years down the road.
Are you ready for The Better Way to a Better Window™? Call us at the number above – or fill out our Contact Us page – to schedule your free, no obligation in-home consultation now!